Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A warning to the reader

As many of my friends and family know, I have lots of free time at my job. And I get bored. VERY BORED. For awhile I utilized my idle time very effectively and happily roaming around the internet, chatting with friends on messenger, reading obscure blogs (to which this blog aspires one day to become), working on stuff for twixt, and so on. My travelblog took up a lot of time I would otherwise have spent cruising myspace or overheardinnewyork.com, but lately I've just lost all interest in the quotidienne time wasting activities to which I am accustomed. I have actually sat in front of my computer for extended periods of time and just, well, sitting there. It's pretty fucking pathetic. Today was one of those days. And I realized that so much of this time could be put to good use, even it is wasn't good, at least it would be put to some use. Then I remembered that ever so long ago I had this blogspot and posted up all the abstract poetry I used to love writing (which I was smart enough to take down so as not to embarrass myself) and that in truth, as boring as it is here for me, I work in a company that is rife with random entertaining shit, and if I could just sit back and observe and record what goes on around here, it might actually come in handy somewhere along the proverbial road. So, I've decided that when I've hit my wits end and nothing, nothing at all, can hold my interest, I can just set up shop here and talk about what a quirky group of people I work with and how bizarre my office functions. So, let this first post be a warning to you all - I am bored, I am wordy, and what you are about to read is being written because I have absolutely nothing better to do - proceed at your own discretion . . .

1 comment:

h to the g said...

I'm quite excited for the continuation of this prose. I, myself, am a victim of boredom. Even whilst entertained I am somehow, in some way, bored. Yes, it might be a disease but hopefully this blog will point me in a new direction...possibly opening up new doors in which I may drive my senseless yet very cute mind. hehe